- · Hilsa fish (Ilish) about 500 gm ,cut into medium size pices.
- · Grounded Mustard
- · Mustard oil
- · Green chilies
- · Turmeric powder
- · salt to taste
- · Onion seeds or kalonji
- Wash the fish and Marinate with turmeric powder and salt and keep aside for 15 minuts.
- Make a paste of mustered, and Turmeric powder
- Hit the pan with 2-3 tbs mustard oil, pour ½ tbsp of Kalonji/Onion Seeds and about 2 Chilies
- Add the paste and stir for a minute add the fishes.
- Pour 2-cups of water and covered it about 10-15 minutes/or unless coked.
- Or a pressure cooker can be used (2 whistles).
- Let the gravy to thicken..
- Garnish it with 1 tbsp of Mustered Oil and 2-3 green Chilies.
- Serve with Steamed Rice.